- I am (slowly) writing a book called Shipkids.
- I am Canadian-American and will pay mightly if you bring me some Old Dutch Ketchup Potato Chips.
- One of my favorite things to do is read to my kids at bedtime. As of this week we’re reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- I am Label Director at Asthmatic Kitty Records, owned by musician Sufjan Stevens.
- In 2017, I left a job bruised and battered and figured if I’m living in the South I better figure out biscuits. It made sense. It took about 4 months and 20 attempts, with as many recipes. And then one day I woke up and knew it’d work out, and it did. Here’s my recipe, and here’s a silly little email list where I talk about biscuits.
- My wife and I are reviewing restaurants and places that you can get to easily via MARTA. We call it Dates From a Train.
- When we moved from Indianapolis I wrote “On Leaving Indianapolis,” and it’s what I consider my best writing so far.
- We have five chickens: Gracie, Bunny, Einstein, Comet, and Korra. We have two cats: Roxy and Myster. We have two mice: Momo and Janette. Squirrels sometimes live in our walls and we have not named them.
- In prior careers I worked in the marketing department at an email marketing tech company called Mailchimp, ran a strategic consulting firm called Kinetic Project, was a teaching and research assistant at IUPUI, managed a video game store, worked at collection agency for way too long, wrangled adolescent kids as a counselor at a YMCA camp, and delivered ad fliers every Wednesday and Sunday to 224 addresses in 5 feet of Edmontonian snow.
Here are some friends with world wide web sites that I frequently check:
- Susan Fletcher writes about history, art, and life and Adventures in History.
- Andrew Lawandus creates and curates a visual experience at DO WORK DESIGN.
- Erika Brown at Urban West ATL.
- James A. Reeves, over at Atlas Minor.
- Sara Billups’’ first kiss was with the singer of the Goo Goo Dolls.
- My friend Austin Ray writes and edits and stuff for the amazing Good Beer Hunting.
- You? Let me know! Email me at my first name @ my first and last name dot com.